Electronics Update

Front Page Forums PaNNTOA Forum Electronics Update

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

We are new owners of NT 37-048, and live in Bellingham. She has original electronics, and we are looking to update to new radar, gps chartplotter, autohelm, etc. We have been looking at Garmin products, but are also open to Simrad. The change will require some woodwork on the console. I’m interested in any member experiences with updating electronics, especially with Garmin or Simrad. What do you like/dislike with your new system? What would you have done/purchased different? Who did your install? Did it involve console woodwork? Were you pleased with the installation and woodwork? What did you learn from your experience, i.e. what would you do differently knowing what you know now?

Doug FordDoug Ford
    Participant

I have a 2008 NT 37 and I’m nearly done with the replacement of the original electronics too. I went with Furuno and my mechanic is doing the installation (Olympia). The instrument panel had to be recut, but not replaced. Everything is hooked up and operational except the transducer (waiting to haul next month) and the autopilot (waiting for part). The new chart plotter is amazing (as is the Garmin); the new functions and screen clarity are great. I only wish I’d replaced the old system a year ago and had it for our travels north of Cape Caution.

-Doug

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.