new to me 37

Front Page Forums PaNNTOA Forum General Chat new to me 37

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar jayfowler 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jayfowler
    Participant

My wife and I have seen the light, and got to the dark side. Bought the first 37 Nordic built. Anyone want to buy a 30′ Newport Mark II sailboat?

I wish I had a good diagram of the systems on this fine vessel. Had too many  grandchildren  on the Tug last weekend, and now the Sealand vacuum head will not suck out , just fills with water. I think that too much tolite paper. Tried the plunger, no luck. I may have to start pulling hoses.

Where is the waste holding tank located, and do the head and galley sinks drain into it?

I would have a diagram of this vessels system. I guess I will contact Nordic, and see if they can help me.

Any help on this not fun subject would be great. so glad it happened at the slip, and not on a cruise!

Tom Easterbrook
    Tom Easterbrook
    Participant

Hi Jay,

Welcome to the family of Nordic Tug owners. The holding tank on the 37 is in the keel under the engine. Only the toilet drains into it. The head and galley sink drain overboard, and the shower drains into a small (9 gallon) tank below the floor outside the head. You may have plugged one of the (many-4) duckbill valves in the vacuum pump. Search on UTube for instructions for taking the pump / vacuum generator apart. Vacuflush brand. Since you will have it apart, I suggest replacing all 4 duckbills at that time after the blockage is removed. They need replacement every few years anyway as regular maintenance.

With these toilets, nothing down them except a small amount of “the right” toilet paper and what has been digested by your body!! To ensure the paper is appropriate, take a sheet or two and place in a glass of water. Leave for a few minutes and stir with a fork. If the paper “disintegrates” easily, it is OK for the head.

If you send me your email address I can send you what I use as a NT 37 manual. It could prove helpful.

Regards,

Tom Easterbrook

NT 37-068

Gary White
    Gary White
    Participant

While you are buying duck bill valves you might also buy two extra for the head overboard pump. ( used when pump-outs up north are not available, not to be used in US waters ) it pulls waste directly from the holding tank then overboard.  They are pretty cheap as boat things go.  The pump may be located on the bulkhead between the engine compartment and the shaft area.

jayfowler
    Participant

Tom and Gary, thanks for your head help.

With farther investigation, I found that the marine head on my tug, is a Jabsco electric head, and the simple fix was to clear the compacted t.p. from the outlet side of the head. Thanks granddaughters!

I dicsonnect the hose ends at the head, and the vent elbow, and pushed a 4′ piece of plastic covered 1/4″ cable through the hose, and then removed a little more than 1″of the jacket on one end.

I then spread the loose steel strands out and pulled the spread end back through to pull the compacted t.p. out.

I plan to keep my home made snake in my “special tool” box along with the repair kit I got through Amazon.

I’ve learned good things, and am glad this all happened at my home port.

Thanks again.

My email is jayf@rockisland.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.