Removing Corner trim front windows

Front Page Forums PaNNTOA Forum Maintenance Removing Corner trim front windows

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar tcoop 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tcoop
    Participant

I have some electronics on order and I am planning what I need to do to get it installed. The corner trim pieces look to be a wire chases up to the top or the overhead panel. To remove the corner pieces do I need to remove any of the ceiling pieces or will the corner piece come out just by removing the four screws I can see?

At this point I am just replacing the autopilot, one MFD, and connecting what I can to NEMA 2K network. Any advice, tips, or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tim

Tom Easterbrook
    Tom Easterbrook
    Participant

Hi Tim,

I have not done this, but will be in the next couple of weeks. So I asked over on SENTOA and was told that you have to first remove the narrow side panels in the white ceiling that run fore and aft first. Then the wood chase should come out by taking out the 4 screws. The white screw covers just “pop off”, then remove the screws. After the reinstall, the little covers should “pop back on”. Being as I am replacing my VHF antenna and wiring, and adding AIS, removing the ceiling will be necessary anyway.

Good luck with your project,

Tom Easterbrook

Pilitak NT 37-068

tcoop
    Participant

Tom,

Thanks, I suspected one or both of the panels would need to come out. Good luck on your install.

Tim

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.