Stern Swim Ladder

Front Page Forums PaNNTOA Forum Stern Swim Ladder

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

We’ve got a 2002 Nordic 37 and want to install a swim ladder on the Stern Platform.  We think it should be four steps, perhaps telescoping and as out of the way as possible when stowed.  I’m sure that there are many out there who have had experience with this situation.  All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  John and Jo on LaVie

Sue PetersonSue Peterson
    Participant

I have a 2003 42 Nordic Tug, acquired in 2018. There was no swim ladder installed when I bought it. I had a 5 step collapsible undercount ladder mounted on the port side of the  swim step.  I verified that it can be deployed from the water 🙂

Participant

Hi Sue,  Thanks for the info.  I think the design of the two sterns must be different.  Our swim step reaches into the water and is a continuation of the hull.  I don’t see how we can have an undermount.  Thanks again.  John

Gary WhiteGary White
    Participant

You might check with Cap Sante Marine. I believe they have installed swim steps that recess into the hull that you have. It requires an insert that is fiberglassed in.

Gary

Participant

We installed a new 4 step swim /recovery ladder on the port aft corner of Carousel.  Have not tested due to water being too cold and me being too old.  Maybe next summet.Stowed Ladder

Cheers

Dave, Dot & Bailey Jean Puppy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.