Stern thruster

Front Page Forums PaNNTOA Forum Stern thruster

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Angelo Muzzin Angelo Muzzin 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David Kircher
    David Kircher
    Participant

Hi all,

We are considering a stern thruster on our 2007 32.  Have any of you done this?  How well does it work?  Who installed it?

Thanks,

Dave Kircher

Sparrow

32-288

Bill Robertson
    Bill Robertson
    Participant

We had a stern thruster added to our 37 a few years ago.  It was a great addition.  Cap Sante Marine did the installation of the unit.  I had my regular boat electrician do all the wiring and had a stainless fabricator build and install the cage around the thruster.

Angelo Muzzin
    Angelo Muzzin
    Participant

Hi Dave,

posted the following on the Sentoa list, but not sure I did it correctly.

We have NT32-300. A prior owner of the boat had a stern thruster installed.  As a relatively new NT owner and coming from a boat that had twin diesels, I’ve used my stern thruster a fair amount.  I suspect that as time goes on my reliance on the stern thruster might lessen.  But right now it’s great to have one.

A minor consideration: our stern thruster is smaller than the bow thruster.  There might be an argument that both thruster have the same hp rating so that sideways thrust is equal.

Is it worth the cost?  Can’t answer that directly.  But I’d certainly be in favor of adding one on to a boat I’ve purchased.

Cheers,

Angelo

Salish Star

32-300

Port of Everett, WA

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.