Venting?

Front Page Forums PaNNTOA Forum General Chat Venting?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar tcoop 5 days, 14 hours ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tcoop
    Participant

Last week we had a hot spell and when we got to the boat it was 99 degrees inside. We had left the boat with all the windows and hatches closed so things wouldn’t get wet with rain a few days prior. Also since it was so hot inside the fridge wasn’t staying within a safe temperature range. I am wondering how others vent their boats to keep from building up extremely high temperatures. I know this isn’t an issue very often in the PNW but I would like to know if others have addressed this. What did yo do?

Thinking about the fridge, what should I expect out of a NovaKool fridge for temperature stability?

Thanks Tim

Fred Young
    Fred Young
    Participant

One way to get air into the boat without letting rain (or bad guys) in would be to open the engine room hatches so the air coming into the engine room can help ventilate the boat. You could also put a fan on top the engine and blow air up into the boat.

Not sure about the fridge. I think there was a refrigeration seminar at the May rendezvous that could have some tips or people to contact.

tcoop
    Participant

Thanks Fred, I will have to give opening the hatches a try.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.