Welcome to Fall, Tuggers! [updated November 6, 2019]
Well, the summer cruising season is behind us and you know what that means. Fall cruising season begins with fewer crowds and good weather to enjoy our boats! I hope you were all able to get out this summer and have a wonderful cruising experience.
What we’re working on
Although most of your board members have been on extended cruises, they also have been busy working behind the scenes to make the PaNNTOA organization more fun and useful to its members. A major part of the effort is going toward making this web site more dynamic.
Here are some of the things we’ve done lately, and what you can expect next.
- For starters, as you can see above, we’ve added a report on the mini-vous at Port Browning. It sounds like they had a great time and turn out. A big shout out and thanks to the Ericksons and the Easterbrooks for organizing a great event!
- The 2019 rendezvous pictures and presentations are now posted under the Events tab.
- The May general meeting minutes and financial report are under the Resources tab.
- Under the Officers tab we have added biographies and pictures of board members so you can more easily recognize who you’re communicating with.
- To make it easy to contact the current board member for each position, we’ve created standard emails and put them at the end of the board member’s bio. For example, to contact me just address your mail to email@example.com. When someone else becomes commodore next year, you can just use the same address.
To improve the usefulness of the website and make it fresh and relevant we’re gearing up to regularly add new articles and information. It’s simple, the site won’t be useful until people find a reason to use it. So, we’re priming the pump by sharing stories you might enjoy and info you can use.
As you know, one of the biggest membership benefits of our organization is having a place to share our adventures and expertise. Here’s where you can help.
- If you can, take a few minutes to report back about where you’ve gone, what you saw, and anything you learned that the rest of us can use.
- If you find a great (or awful) anchorage (or provisioning stop, restaurant or fuel dock) just put up a quick forum post.
- Looking for someone to cruise with? Post a note telling where you’re headed and when. Need help with a tech problem? You guessed it, ask in the forum.
- While you’re there, see if there’s something you can help with.
People at the mini-vous in Port Browning were excited about the prospect of a revitalized site. Now let’s work together to make it happen.
This work on the web site picks up where Sam Stone left off. She did an exemplary job of past Vous director and IT web director, which took an enormous amount of work. Sam has stepped down as IT web director to focus on family and personal projects. New member Robbin Young has stepped in to manage the web site and work on the improvements described above. Learn more about Robbin in her bio.
Gary White - PaNNTOA Commodore